Thursday, April 21, 2011

Paper Smooches Guest Post #3

It's Wednesday so I have another Paper Smooches card to share with you. My time as a guest designer is almost at an end, but not yet!

 The card above was just me trying to use more patterned papers. I have a million sheets with no idea how to use them, in my CAS style, other than paper piecing. The orange piece is paper tape that i coloured with a copic to match. Originally it was supposed to mimic a shag rug but I put it on on the wrong side of the card so is now just an accent strip! The buttons are, again, linen ones that I coloured with copics.
This card was super fun to make! It is the reason that I bought the wood sheets I spoke of here. I made the "wallpaper" using an image from the scooter set, then coloured it all in with copics. The wood bottom is to be a desk or shelf and the white piece some trim. To make the little piece of cord that sticks out from behind I used the end of the "you turn me on" sentiment that comes with Boob Tubes.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


16 comments:

  1. Cute! I can really see where you are coming from with these cards and the retro feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the first one has a kind of upholstered feel, very retro 70s-ish, and that wallpaper that you STAMPED (!!!) on the second one is so awesome! Fabulous detail on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just too fun! Love the colors and retro feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, those are TOO cute. You're really making me want this little set. Just adorable. I cannot relate to your thing about patterned paper. I think every card I make has some on it..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper cute cards, Kasia! Love the wallpaper you stamped on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the retro vibe today. Looks like you can indeed rock the patterned paper, too! Love the colored linen buttons, the stamped wallpaper, and the glossiness of your "screens"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are these?! The patterned papers are great! I love the glossy accents on the TVs. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun cards Kasia! I love those retro wallpapers you created and the cute 'plug socket' for the 'You're Special' TV ;)
    TFS, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and fabulous :). I love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so fun, Kasia! I feel like I've stepped into "The Wonder Years" when I look at them! :) Love the colours and patterns. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You never cease to amaze me! These cards are both SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so fun and retro! I love your style girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kasia, thank you so much for using PS stamps......they have made me want them ALL!!! LOL You've given so many ideas using them that you need to be on the DT permanently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kasia! Fabulous cards! Have a lovely weekend! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the retro look of these cards, Kasia! I'll admit that Boob Tubes wouldn't be a set I would think of buying but you're really selling it to me here! I love your shaggy carpet tape turned accent and the embossed wood paper. These little scenes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...