Monday, May 10, 2010

OLW

Well it's been quite a while since I have been able to craft & post! Between work, play & other responsibilities it's sometimes hard to find the time. :)
But I found a little tonight between playing hostess for Mother's day dinner and switching over to the night shift. Plus I just HAD to honour my mom with a little card making!

So.....since I have a hard time passing up a challenge, I decided to participate in Susan's one layer wednesday one. Check out her other stuff too, she makes amazing clean & simple cards!

The challenge was to make a one layer card and incorporate punctuation. Sounds easy right? Not for me! I think I said a few curse words trying to wrangle out a card. So I thought this end result was quite fitting!
Also fitting since I have a terrible memory. I am told the best thing is to write it down, but I forget to do that too!
The inside simply says "it's your birthday". The larger alphabet is a Penny Black one that was my mom's, woodblock no less, the small font is PTI. Party hat is Hero Arts.
Thanks for looking! I hope no one was offended! :)
Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

10 comments:

  1. This is such a funny card! I mean every time I do swear and do forget things..never thought of putting it on a card! hehe!

    thanks for your sweet words on my card..
    Tejal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm upset about your card...cause you made me spew mocha on my 'puter! LMBO! That is delightfully REAL! Not to mention a great design and color combination. Thanks so much for starting my day with a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Kasia - This sentiment is so funny! I love it! It's a laugh out loud sentiment on a beautifully done CAS card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the funniest thing I ever seen.....what a hoot!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! lol! Lol! So funny! I am laughing really loud sitting next to my sleeping DD. Love... the honest sentiment and very clever too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha Lol, thats so funny!
    love it.........
    emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such great fun! it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's cute, it's hilarious, and it definitely makes a point -- what more could one ask for? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe, I initially thought of doing exactly this but couldn't bring myself to actually pull it off!! heheheh!!! well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...