Thursday, April 15, 2010

One layer, compose a card, color throw down!

So i have been on a cardmaking frenzy lately!! While looking through all things Papertrey Ink I came across Becky Oehlers' website (she has a new stamp set coming out with PTI this month!). She also puts on a Compose-A-Card challenge.

 At the very top is my card for the challenge made using a transparency which is another step outside my comfort zone! I guess I sort of broke the rules!

Supplies
paper: bazzil grey, Hero Arts clear notecards, K & Co Amy Butler pp, vanilla
ink: stazon black
stamps: Amy Butler (K&Co), Hero Arts thinking of you messages, faux stitching unknown


This card was made in response to Susan's one layer wednesday post. She always has the most amazing clean & simple cards. I just got the "Life" PTI stamp set and couldn't wait to use the images!
To make the grey box at the bottom I used a frame set by Hero Arts, that I can't find the name of, and acutally used the back of the image to get the block not the frame. The colour combo is from Color Throwdown #88.

My last card, for this post anyway was made for a co-wokers husband who is turning 50 this year. I wanted to do something bright and fun as that is the kind of couple they are!




Supplies
paper: bazzil grey & lime, Basic Grey lemonade (frog)
stamps: Hero Arts sending happy thoughts, whimsical numbers & a number 0 set I also can't find the name of!
ink: CTMH white daisy, Memento black
other: copics

This is getting more addicting by the minute! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. WOW! All three cards are wonderful in their own ways, but the OLC is definitely amazing! Love how you used the back of the frame to get the block! Also, the bright colors of the stems make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the cards are wonderful, of course! I especially like what you did will the patterned paper blocks in the first one. And you're going to have to teach me how to make awesome one layer cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love the CAS style of the CTD card, especially the gray block! Thanks for playing along in the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kasia,

    These cards are stunning! I love your style.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A striking card and terrific design. Love the patterned paper and how you incorporated it. Love the drama of the black. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever, using that stamp as a block stamp!! Great use of the CTD colors for Susan's challenge, too! Love them all, actuallY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! Love that CAS CTD the best, though! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet set of cards! You have a great style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your cards are gorgeous! Love the CAS card you made for the Throwdown! Great idea using the reverse side of the stamp frame to create your gray box. Sometimes I forget those easy little tricks that allow you to achieve a totally different look ;]

    Thanks for playing along with the Throwdown this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! I think you did a great job of the one layer card, especially using the back of the card....now I'm totally going to have to take a look at all my stamps to see what ones I can use like that!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...